Question
Posted by: vista | 2004/11/15

desparate to gain weight

hi
i'm 1.87m tall and weigh just a mere 57kg.i've tried creatine and other supplements, but nothing seems to help me.i've even tried going to gym and this year i went to biokinetics centre but nothing has changed.please help me because i'm 21 and weigh as much as i did in high school.i wish i was 80kg.please help me.vista.

Expert ImageBodybuilding

Vista,

The replies are educational and you'd do well to avail yourself of what the people have to say.

You are what they typically refer to as a "hard-gainer." That means that you battle to put on weight and ar usually as thin as a rake. My auggestion is (seeing that you've consulted a Biokineticist) is that you now consult a dietician who can help you with your eating plan and habits. That is where I suspect you may be lacking.

Keep well,

Conrad Booysen-Biokineticist

4
Posted by: Vista | 2005/03/11

thank you marty and condrad for your advice i will give it a go this year for sure.

Reply to Vista
Posted by: Marty | 2004/11/23

First rule of weight gaining, dont train 4 times a week, cut it down to 2 days per week. Split it in upper and lower body exercise. No workout (strength training) should be longer than 40 min - 1hour (tops).

As for the diet, get yourself a blender, mix oats and nuts and milk and some choc powder for taste and blend! You can also add some USN supplements(protein&carbs mix) although this will cost you money. Then take this blend inbetween meals and when you dont have time to eat. Dont skip meals !!! I prefer an energybar when I cant store the shake anywhere and I need something that can take the heat.

Last rule, DONT SKIP BREAKFAST ! Eat something like musli, or eggs and toast, just dont skip this meal, EVER.

Trust me, I went from 62 kg to 73 kg in about 2 years. If you gain more than 0.25-0.5 kg a weak its called fat (or water if you use roids ;) By the way, u dont need roids, no matter what they tell you, just stick to the diet and a good training plan and REST inbetween workout days ... then up the weights gradually in all of your exercises and watch as you start putting em muscles on ... just dont expect Arnold-gains, be realistic. The guys that gain weight very fast use roids. Dont even think about that.

Reply to Marty
Posted by: vista | 2004/11/17

during the day i get so busy that i always miss breakfast. for lunch i normally eat bread with p/butter. later i normally mix rice, maccaroni, pasta with chicken, wors/ canned meat sometimes. the amount depends on the time of the month. when i went to the biokinetics centre i'd warm up for 30min and workout for appr. 1h 30min 4 x a week once a day.

Reply to vista
Posted by: Bodybuilder Pro | 2004/11/16

Hey Vista,

What is your diet like and gym? Do you train? How often are you training? How much are you eating and how many times a day are you eating. If you can tell me this then I can give you solutions as I am a bodybuilder. So let me know.

Reply to Bodybuilder Pro