Question
Posted by: Dermaworm | 2003/03/04

Dermaworm

Dear Doc

Please help. I am 25 years old female, and suffer from mild acne. This all started from around the age of 21. What is happening, I have been to different doctor's which all wrote perscriptions for mild antibiotic creams and stuff which did not help. My gynae advised me that my hormones had an imbalance, and that this imbalance caused this outbreak. What do you suggest I use, I am desparate. I am not on any medical scheme.

Dermaworm, I would start with the hormones like your gynae suggested. The best would be to use Diane 35® or it’s generic equivalents, Ginette® and Minerva®. If it doesn’t make a difference within 3-6 months, you can try taking antibiotics (minocyclin, doxycycline or co-trimoxazole) for 3-6 months. Good luck.