Question
Posted by: Annie | 2003/03/27

Dermatologist

I would like to know if it is possible for you to tell me..........

I have seen a Dermatologist and he prescribed Minerva, Purbac T, "Differn" cream and Benoxyl Cream. I have been using this now for 1 month. I know it might be early to see better changes, but he mentioned something about Vitamin A products that is extremely effective. Could you please advise me on the interferance of this with the above pills. Can I buy a Vitamin A supplement at the pharmacy and will this help speed up the healing process. Bad case of acne. Facial area only.

thank you
kind regards,
Annie.

Annie, the vitamin A products he was talking about are synthetic vitamin A products and not available over-the-counter. The most famous ones are RetinA® and Roaccutane® - both are potent medications and dangerous (especially Roaccutane®). The best would be to go back to your dermatologist and ask him for a prescription. Good luck.