Question
Posted by: Lindie | 2008/08/01

Dermactin-TS

Hi Doctor

What is you opinion on Dermactin-TS, including the wrinkle filler?

Also, do you think it is worth spending money on these type of wrinkle fillers (L' Oreal also makes one) for cosmetic purposes?

Lindie

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Lindie, thank you for the question.

The Dermactin-TS line includes a variety of products, including a stretch mark complex, hand treatment, facial brightener, regenerating lotion, age spot serum, wrinkle filler and anti-wrinkle eye cream.
My first concern is that I am unable to find any information about the company due to the fact that Dermactin-TS does not appear to have an official online presence.

I find that a lack of information about a company or a product is a significant concern for those shopping for a line of skin care products especially when the product claims to have anti-ageing properties. Most companies that are confident in the formulas they provide and in the business dealings of their company are willing to disclose all necessary information on a company website that includes ingredient lists and customer testimonials.
Furthermore, the ingredient listed for their stretch mark cream (see below) does not contain any specific ingredient not found in the various other stretch mark removal products on the market today.
So in summary I would avoid this product and other similar non substantiated products that claim to work but do not have any medical studies (not performed in a lab) that prove the ‘anti-ageing’ claims.

Dermactin-TS Stretch Mark Complex - Concentrated Formula
Ingredients:
Water, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Sorbitan Stearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Butylene Glycol, Butyrospermum Parkli (Shea Butter Fruit), Mangifera Indica (Mango Seed Butter), Glycerol Polymethacrylate, Propylene Glycol, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Mentha Peperita (Peppermint Oil), Algae Extract, Arctostaphylos Uva Ursi (Bearberry) Leaf Extract, Echinacea Purpurea Extract, Glucosamine Sulfate, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Hyrolyzed Wheat Protein, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamine A Palmitate), Propylene Glycol, Water, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Foeniculim Vulgare (Fennel) Extract, Lavandula Angustifolie (Lavender) Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Flower Extract, Rosa Canina (Rose) Flower Extract, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract, Sambucus Nigra (Elder) Flower Extract, AchillaNillefolium (Yarrow) Extract, Tocopheryl Acectate (Vitamin E Acetate), Urea, Xanthan Gum, Yeast Extract, Triethanolamine, Collagen, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium PCA, Disodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Methylparben, Porpylparaben, Sodium Benzoate, Caramel, Yallow 5.

4
Posted by: Sue | 2016/03/05

I found a product named Nanoblur, but it has been discontinued at Clicks. Where can I get hold of it as I can not find it anywhere. Thank you.

Reply to Sue
Posted by: Sue | 2016/03/05

Reply to Sue
Posted by: Tere Rivera | 2013/12/18

I've been using it and it is great. I run out of my Strivectin one and bought this one because they look alike. So, I think this is the generic for Strivectin. I really like it!!!

Reply to Tere Rivera
Posted by: Nats | 2008/10/25

Hi there,

I' ve have been told that Dermactin-TS is the generic for the very expensive Strivectin and that the stretch mark cream is very good for the face!
Any comments?

Nathalie

Reply to Nats