Question
Posted by: HIV concern | 2007/08/13

Deputy Health Minister

Hi gays and gals and especially LoneWolf :) also HIV poz here, I read your posts LoneWolf (thanks for being so open) and admire the forum expert for encouraging HIV-related posts but this is my first post here: How do people feel about the firing of our deputy Minister of Health? I am disgusted.... just when I thought there was a bit of sense in the Government's response to HIV - in spite of psycho Manto and her veggies - her deputy get's fired. W've just taken twenty steps backwards and sadly psycho Manto has won against all odds. Health care in our country is at an all-time low and I really thrust that the deputy minister was set up. 100% sure, there's no doubt. And this isn't only about HIV, its about all of us - everyone who pays taxes and votes and gives a damn about the future of our country. A very sad event in our history and further prooof of just how little the government cares about HIV and AIDS. And how little they cate about the majority of South Africans. A few people are clinging to power against reality - and it SO smacks of Zimbabwe to me.... I'm very worried. This doesn't bode well for our future.

Expert ImageGay, lesbian and bisexual expert

I'm in the choir on this one:

FIRE MANTO

11
Posted by: Tiara | 2007/08/16

FIRE MANTO

FIRE MANTO

FIRE MANTO

FIRE MANTO

Reply to Tiara
Posted by: Thuli | 2007/08/16

FIRE that evil woman

Reply to Thuli
Posted by: LONEWOLF | 2007/08/16

Hi guys and hi to you "HIV concern". I agree on the issue of firing Manto, or rather, dragging her outside the city walls and stone her, more sums up my feelings. But it will not be as simple as drawing up a petition. There are lots of factors behind the scenes and in politics that play a significant role in her maintaining her position at all costs. For example, one should remember that she was in exile with Mr. Mbeki and there is a very strong bond there. Furthermore, her husband is in charge in raising funds for the ruling party. So, can Mr. Mbeki afford to sack her? My common sense tells me it might be political suicide at the very least. It would not do him any good within party politics should he get rid of her right now. There are many more factors that we as Joe Public are aware of. But I still like the thinking that is expressed here. Maybe more of us should get into politics.

Reply to LONEWOLF
Posted by: Juan | 2007/08/15

FIRE MANTO!

Reply to Juan
Posted by: Neil | 2007/08/14

FIRE Manto! FIRE Manto! The woman is dangerous to our collective health!

Reply to Neil
Posted by: TeenQueen | 2007/08/14

I agree that we should start a petition to get Manto fired. I mean her deputy did all her work and she gets fired? HELLOOO? What kind of person thinks like that?
Sad. Very sad.
;-)

Reply to TeenQueen
Posted by: LG | 2007/08/14

I agree 2 - FIRE her

Reply to LG
Posted by: Gareth | 2007/08/14

I agree, FIRE the inbicile!! But Thabo won't, he already said that he is ignoring the roomers that she has a drinking problem because it is "only an atempt to discredit her". Really!! the woman has done MORE than enough of that without anybody's help. Maybe she gives good blowjobs..

Reply to Gareth
Posted by: Supporter | 2007/08/14

FIRE MANTO

FIRE MANTO

FIRE MANTO

Reply to Supporter

Expert why can't Health24 start a petition to have Manto fired? Thousands of people visit here every day and we could easily get a few hundred thousand names to get her thrown out and her deputy reinstated. Not that the ANC would care a damn....

Posted by: Tiara | 2007/08/13

FIRE MANTO!

Reply to Tiara