Question
Posted by: JACQUES | 2007/03/28

DEPRESSION:ARE YOU STRUGGLING - EXPERT

HI PEOPLE OF THE CYBERSHRINK

ARE ANY OF YOU HAVING BAD EPISODES OF DEPRESSION?
I HAVE ALOT OF EXPERTISE IN THIS PARTICULAR AREA AND WOULD LIKE TO SHARE IF YOU ARE WILLING TO LISTEN

You'll cause a bit less depression nif you don't write entirely in CAPITAL LETTERS, J / JB.

8
Posted by: Jcat | 2007/03/29

D

Reply to Jcat
Posted by: jcat | 2007/03/28

Jacques

Maybe you should just piss off back to your Scientology friends.

CS's answers do a pretty good job for a lot of the people a lot of the time.

Reply to jcat
Posted by: JACQUES | 2007/03/28

CYBERSHRINK

Maybe there would be less depression if you're answers was
really helpful instead of just superficial

Reply to JACQUES
Posted by: JACQUES | 2007/03/28

What I am trying to do is just to get you thinking.

I conquered Major Depression, Psychosis and Obsessive Compulsions, but before that happened I tried what everybody is trying and that is using their medication and talking to a psychologist or therapist.

I tried everything Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Pastoral counsellors, Hospitalization, Self help books the lot, they only gave me a small relief, until I developed a system that beats depression, but it takes time it is no quick fix.

Depression is treated the same way around the globe and the successfactor is not very high. Depression is a complex thing and needs to deal with on a new thinking level.

We cannot solve problems on the same level of thinking when it surfaced(Albert Einstein)

Reply to JACQUES
Posted by: Ness | 2007/03/28

LOL RMC too funny.

JB I think what you are trying to do is very thoughtful but this is what CS does for a living. We trust him, we know who he is and his credentials.

Reply to Ness
Posted by: RMC | 2007/03/28

JB can you please not type all in upper case, it is really difficult to read, especially as your full stops have no spaces or anything

Reply to RMC
Posted by: JB | 2007/03/28

DEPRESSSION MUST BE TREATED HOLISTICALLY, WHICH MEANS THAT DEPRESSION WILL NOT BE LIGHTER TO CARRY UNTIL YOU HAVE WORKED ON A NUMBER OF ASPECTS, SOME OF WHICH ARE: 1.BONDING(DO YOU HAVE RELATIONSHIPS WHERE YOU REALLY FEEL ACCEPTED AND CAN BE YOURSELF)
2.BOUNDARIES(DO YOU HAVE BOUNDARIES/LIMITS ON YOURSELF AS WELL AS OTHER OR DO YOU LET CICUMSTANCES CONTROL YOU INSTEAD OF YOU CONTROLLING CIRCUMSTANCES(ARE YOU PUNISHING YOURSELF FOR GUILT OR FOR FEELINGS THAT PEOPLE SAY IS ABNORMAL OR DO YOU TRY TO LIFE OUT SOMEBODY ELSE'S SCRIPT FOR YOURSELF.(ARE YOU IN CONTROL OR IS SOMEBODY ELSE TELLING YOU WHAT IS RIGHT AND WHAT IS WRONG, ARE THEY NOT ACCEPTING THAT YOUR FEELINGS ARE NORMAL)3.PAST HURTS(VERY IMPORTANT.
4.MEDICATION IF NECCESARY AND PSYCHOTHERAPY LIKE COGNITIVE,LOGOTHERAPY OR MAYBE EVEN HOSPITILAZION FOR A PERIOD.

BUT LEAVING ALL THAT BEHIND YOU ARE INTERESTED IN KNOWING HOW TO LIVE A LIFE WHERE YOU ARE IN CONTROL FEEL BETTER AND YOU ARE IN CHARGE OF YOUR EMOTION , FEELINGS ETC...

I PRESUME YOU HAVE BOUGHT AND READ ALL KIND OS SELF-HELP BOOKS THAT DON'T WORK AND THAT EVEN MAKE YOU FEEL WORSE.

LIST YOUR SYMPTOMS

TELL ME WHAT IS BROKEN

WHAT YOU HAVE DONE, SEEING A THERAPIST DOES NOT COUNT

Reply to JB
Posted by: Echelle | 2007/03/28

Well, we are here to listen, so please share?

Reply to Echelle