Question
Posted by: Sick & Tired | 2004/11/30

Depression or yuppie flu??

As I have not being feeling myself lately, I wenbt to see the doctor. I explained my symptoms to him (detailed hereunder), and he suggested depression. Blood test were done as a precausion, which came back normal. The symptoms include extreme tiredness, lack of concentration, chest pains in stressfull situations, sensitivity to light, headaches, tummy cramps and constipation, sore thoat and constant thirst. A friend joked this morning and said that it sounds like I am suffering from yuppie flu. I am so sick and tired or not being myself, as I am generally a vibrant person. Please suggest something!!

S&T, if you mail me at CyberDoc@mweb.co.za, I’ll send you something I wrote on the DIY diagnosis of depression. I have to say that light sensitivity, a sore throat and constant thirst are not really typical symptoms of depression and maybe the best would be to see a specialist physician for a second opinion. Good luck.