Question
Posted by: T | 2004/01/06

depression or extended pms

I am a very happy fun loving individual who rarely has a bad day, but lately i have started getting these bizarre mood swings which send me either very angry and snappy or i will feel like i want to cry all the time. I thought perhaps it was stress from work, i am also having slight family upsets now and have a very steady relationship with a wonderful boyfriend, but it kills me to fight with him or snap at hime for no reason.
I was taking a chinese herbal remedy for stress and tissue salts to calm it, and of late it has being much less apparent, but do you have any advice as to what this might be, because although it used to be once a month it did become a regular thing, a daily thing. Can you help???/

T, I'm not aware of ANY Chinese remedies which are actually efective, an they're only on sale because it seems that the SA authorities allow almost anything to be sold, making almost any health-related claim, without ever having to prove anything ( including safety !).

You might be experiencing efects of stress, perhaps developing a depression or an anxiety state. the only way to be sure is for you to see a shrink, a psychiatrist or clinical psychologist, for a proper and comprehensive assessment of your state of mind, on which basis they can then discuss the nature of your problenm and the best ways to manage it. And there's no such thing as "extended pms" --- if it ain't strictly premenstrual, it ain't pms

1
Posted by: k00s | 2004/01/06

work stress , family stress,,,,u hav mor than u need,,,seein that between work & family that justabout makes up your day doesnt it normally?

sounds like a lot of frustration with anger & cryin bouts,,,

try some excercise 4 a start?? a good run of gymsession sometimes do wonders for all that pentup frustrations,

& when u snap at the good man,,,,just say u r sorry & he will luv u even mor,,,lotsa gals battle with that one,

& now 4 som chinese remedy,,,,confucius said,,,(alledgedly) ,,,a friend in need, is a pest..

mebbe that what da bf sometimes thinks huh,,,? lol

also try the ole choice thingy,,,,,,when u get upset & all,,,,just ask yourself,,,,,do i want to be upset,,,is this helpin me to feel what i want to feel,,,,,& if the answer is no,,,(it mostly is) tell yourself to stoppit & focus on somethin mor constructv,,,

& if all my boererate fails,,,

go pay a lotto money & follow ole cybermans advice

Reply to k00s