Question
Posted by: kela | 2007/12/13

depression or crazy

my mom was diagonised with depression by her psychologist,her behabiour is frustrating me,my sister,father,the problem is that after i started working, me and my father,she started to change,as she was the only bread winner for years.she has 2 personalities,what hurts us the most is that whatever she is thinking or imagining,is right,she would curse,swear,and say terrible things to hurt us,by saying that she wishes that she never gave birth to us.also their relationship with my father is not good,she is implying that my father is cheating and she has no proof,my father is not supposed to talk or greet other women,if it happens there is trouble and also me and my sister we are not supposed to talk to our father,even my father should not fetch me from work,she would say that i will end up sleeping with my father.i only found out from her sisters that she was admitted to a psychiatric hospital before,what amazes me is that to other people she is as friendly and to my half brother,she is not even talking she stays like a zombie,and fights about smaller things and that is when u see a devil ,i really do not know what to do,she was also admitted this year for a week,after she came home the screws went off again,its like every month there must be drama.she got divorced before she met my father and it the first marriage ended up sour,so she is bitter towards man.this is affecting us so bad,i am afraid that she will try and kill herself again,as she keeps on saying that we will answer her death.when she starts,she takes everything she bought for my sister,and make us feel guilty that she raised us,its like she wants us to obey her like god.what amazes me is that she turns everything to us,telling her sisters that we are beating her,and abusing her,while she is the one who does that,she can realy make thinks look real,and she is in denial,saying that she is not crazy,and we are the ones who are hurting her.there is nothing perfect for her,she is always discriminating,everytime she is looking for mistakes,can u pls help ,

This must indeed be very difficult to deal with, kela. And it sounds as though your mother has some significant Personality Problems, rather than simply Depression on its own. Is it possible to arrange to meet with the psychiatrist who was treating her, for instance during her last admission, to let him know about all this, as he might be able to change the treatment and deal more with these problems ? Its especially difficult when someone is two-faced, as you describe, and she may have been misleading her doctor by not telling him all of the important truth

1
Posted by: Lee | 2007/12/13

Could she be schitzo??

Reply to Lee