Question
Posted by: depressed | 2007/06/19

depression - natural remedies

I am experiencing mild depression, with a lack of energy or interest. I have tried prescribe depression medicine from my local doctor. They only dull the senses and make me feel worse and I did try them for a few months. Is there any one else I can go and see that would be able to help? Please help me.

Dear Depressed
It does help to speak to a psychologist or therapist - you need someone to teach you how to manage the stress factors that cause the depression. You can also supplement your diet with Magnesium, Vit B complex, omega 3 oils. Let your doctor check your blood iron levels and cholesterol ( could be too low). Ensure that you eat enough carbohydrates ( low GI, high fibre type) and drink at least 8 glasses of water. You can also try St Johns wort instead of depression medication if you only have mild depression.
see http://www.drhansdreyer.com/questionnaire.php - very informative website with questionnaires you can test yourself with.