Question

depression medication and libido

I've been drinking Cipralex since August last year when my doctor diagnosed me with post natal depression. The problem I have is that since I've been taking it I have no libido whatsoever. When we do do it, I enjoy it, but to get started is a real issue. My husband is loosing his patience with the situation even though he understands it's the medicine. We had a healthy love life before I fell pregnant. Since the beginning of January I have now started taking a tablet every other day in order to start wean myself off of it. Even though I'm scared of what kind of person I will be when I'm off the medication, I'm afraid our marriage will suffer the brunt for it. Please advise on what I can do? Should I start taking the tablets even further apart? (We are planning to get pregnant later in the year so I have to stop it sometime). Is there something else I can take to help with my libido?

PS: I am also taking Yasmin as contraceptive.

Dear Anon
Please ask your doctor to change the medication over to something that will influence your libido less like Wellbutrin? It is terrible to have to choose between a happy husband and being depressed!!