Question
Posted by: N@S | 2004/01/13

Depression is killing me

I have been having relatiomship problems the past month and everyday it has been getting worse. We have been 2getha for 3 years. So I am really depressed about what happend. Then the other day the lady that lives by the flat by me came and spoke to me and said she wanted 2 b my friend. She seemd like she really cared and she said she will help me and I can trust her. Seeing that I could not talk to my family or friends (my best friend moved to Malawi). So I thought that t would be a good idea to talk to her coz she did not know the both of us and therefore it would not cause complications. So being vulnerable and looking for a shoulder to cry on, I opened my heart to her. The very next day she went to my boyfriend and told him everything. He is so mad with me. I honestly thought she was my friend and I feel so betrayed. She also went & told the entire flats our business. And coz my boyfriend works with the police, he is in so much trouble (coz I told her that he is taking drugs). Now he is now being suspended without pay, he had to b tested for drugs and they were gonna send him to college so he can get a higher position and now that has all been taken away from him. I feel so bad coz I basically ruined his life. And all I thought that somebody wanted to be my friend but instead used me for her sick game. He does not even want to talk to me and now bcoz of her, our relationship of 3 yrs is gone. Just bcoz someone came laong and took everything away within minutes. I am so depressed and on anti-depressants. For goodness sake I am only 19 and I am going through this. I need advice coz my concois is eating away at me. Revenge crossed my mind. And I wanna get back at her but then I will bring myself down to her level. But in anycase she has ruined two peoples lives.

Expert ImageTeen expert

Hi N@s

I know you don't want 2 hear this now, but this boyfriend of yours sounds like bad news. I have read your mails and I would advice you 2 get out of this situation. Let him sort out his own problems with the drugs and then take it from there.

It is difficult now, but on the long run you want a boyfriend that is stable and trustworthy and not involved with illegal activities.

Just ignore the "flat lady" and see this as a lesson, that you can not talk 2 anyone about your personal life. Perhaps if your depression is so devere go and talk 2 a professional.

T