Question
Posted by: Just a girl. | 2007/04/10

Depression comes with 'that time.'

Good day.

There are times that I become overly depressed and with no reason to, want to end it. My husband made me realise that this usually happens when I'm having periods. Is it possible that 'that time of the month' can affect me so badly? What he says is true. I've noticed a substancial fall in mood whenever that happens.

Thanks.

Depression and mood is often strongly influenced by hormonal changes, and a psychiatrist could help explore how this relationship affects you, and perhaps use of medication and Counselling could help you to regain control of this

5
Posted by: Ness | 2007/04/10

Hi, no not bipolar but do suffer from depression. Bspan is just viti's. Should be fine with whatever meds your on

Reply to Ness
Posted by: Just a Girl. | 2007/04/10

Hey thanks Ness. Do you have bipolar too? I'm sceptical that it would interfere with the meds I'm on, but can always give it a try. See what happens. ;-)

Reply to Just a Girl.
Posted by: Ness | 2007/04/10

Go get a drug call Bspan, I had EXACTLY the same thing, in fact my doctor put me on Anti depressants, the bspan works like a dream and it natural.

Reply to Ness
Posted by: Just a Girl. | 2007/04/10

Thanks "Joy" lol. Just thinking life ain't so 'joy'full then hey? Anyway, thing is, I feel possitively suicidal. Honostly can't see any reason for me being alive at all. I do sit with bipolar but on meds. Life makes no sense then and all I wanna do is die. It';s extreme yes, but is it normal? For 'us'?

Reply to Just a Girl.
Posted by: Joy | 2007/04/10

Yes, its possible but in your case a bit extreme. I become unreasonable and emotional for no reason and throw tantrums and cry myself to sleep. But my boyfriend know by now when my time is coming and when i have my period and is usually more understanding and supportive at this time. He knows i'm not being myself and it'll pass so he just lets me be.

Reply to Joy