Question
Posted by: annabella | 2007/04/09

depression

I WAS RECENTLY TOLD THAT I AM PRE MENOPAUSAL AND MY AGE IS 38. I HAVE DECIDED NOT TO TAKE HRT BUT LATELY I HAVE STARTED FEELING VERY DEPRESSED AND DONT FEEL LIKE TALKING OR DOING ANYTHING. OTHER THAN THAT I TEND TO GET A FEW HOT FLUSHES NOW AND AGAIN. WHAT CAN I TAKE TO STOP FEELING SO TERRIBLE. I AM UNABLE TO SMILE OR TALK I FEEL LIKE I SHOULD DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.PLEASE HELP

Do see a good gynae, and perhaps also a good local psychiatrist, for a proper assessment of your state. It can be tricky to chose the right approach to this situation, but antidepressants and CBT counselling can help Depression if that is the main problem, and hormones can help the PMT, though they may not help the mood state. I hear on this morning's news that new studies suggest that taking such hormones may lessen a woman's chances of heart disease, which is at least some good news.

1
Posted by: Neels | 2007/04/10

I have been molested as a child by 4 familly people...now 30 my past all of a sudden reply all the time I have tried cilift and nusac nothing works.

Reply to Neels