Question
Posted by: Seeme | 2005/06/04

Depression

My boyfriends brother died and they were iseperable. He died unnatural, being killed when a vehicle hit him in January 05. My boyfriend seem tohendle it well but from time to time he will become cold,hard, violent, and have a total personality flip. When he is like that he just want to get rid of everyone and everything that was "before" his brother including me. He always cries and says he died too. This mood lasts about 1-2 days then he's normal and loving again. Is it depression, Should he see someone how can I handle it?

This is grief, rather than Depression, similar and very unpleasant, but obviously tied to the tragic loss of his brother. It is difficult for any normal human being to handle, espcially in these early days. HE could be very usefully helped by a counsellor, who could also advise you in more detail about how to be helpful to him. This can be especally difficult for a man to handle ( as we're so often brought up with the "big boys don't cry" nonsense )
Counselling would be far more useful than antidepressant drugs, at this stage