Question
Posted by: need help | 2004/11/06

Depression

For the last few months I have been very deppresed.
My story: My mom passed away 2 months ago, Family is torn up, they are never home to support each other. I have a new boyfriend, he is so great, but I just cant seem to be happy about anything lately. I cry all the time! Iam being retrenched at the end of the year.

I feel so lost. I dont have money to go to a shrink, so I need to find someone that could give me some counciling or some meds. I dont have feelings of suicide, but I just cant live like this any more. its only the beginning of the month and I have already drunk all my money out. I want to get my live back on track , but i just dont know how!

Well, nh, maybe this is depression, but with the recent loss of someone you love like your mother, and with a warring and unsupportive family, this could well be mainly a difficult grief / bereavement, which in many ways resebles a depression. And add to that the risk of retrenchment at the end of the year, and it's no wonder you';re feeling so sad. the most useful way to deal with it would be to see a counsellor, to work through all these issues most profitably and efficiently. Check out what's available through your local major teaching or state hospital ; if your mom died of cancer, see if the Cancer Association, CANSA can help ; mayb the local hospice which should have grief counselling available. Remember grief usually lasts 9 months or so, so this WILL pass, but not immediately.

1
Posted by: Minty | 2004/11/08

Depression is the worst thing in a person's life. I've been on the same path as well, lost my closest cousin after three years of fighting and have been trying to reconile with her and she past away, the family fell apart, not having good communication with my mom and my sisters. And i'm now not taliking to my older brother and thats really kills me inside. Boyfriend not paying too much attention to me and old lover coming to my life ... Mylife is in so much confusion and depression but i always take one step at a time. You musy always look at the bright side of life.

And God isthe only answer. If you stop drinking and start applying for employment first, you'll see it'll all be fine. You just have to believe. With Prayers everything goes well, doesn't matter how long it takes but after talking to your God, you feel relieved. Hope this'll help you.

Reply to Minty