Question
Posted by: CAT | 2004/10/26

DEPRESSION

I have been diagnosed with PND and have been taking Cilift for the last week and a half, I have two children and since the second child has been born it is almost as if my mother instinct has totally disappeared I don't feel that mother bond anymore and sometimes wonder why I had him, is this normal for PND ?
My fingertips perspire quite a lot, why ? How long will this take before I start to feel "normal" again, I sometimes feel that I can't take it anymore, will I ever feel normal again ? despirate ...

CAT, don't wory too much here. Depression damps down most of our instincts, and may delay the usual process of bonding. See a counsellor if you can, to work with wories like this. Yes, you will indeed feel normal again, maybe within weeks. Not sure about the sweaty fingerprints, though some meds can enhance our sweatiness, especially at first, I haven't so far heard this specific complain about Cilift. Be hopeful, and see your doctor again to review the Cilift and other treatment needs, if things aren't noticeably better in another couple of weeks. Don't even think of giving up, things will be fine before too much longer.