Question
Posted by: Pauline | 2004/01/12

Depression

Hi there, recently there has been a lot of tension in my family due to personal reasons. I'm a person who can handle everything well try to but i feel so ill on Friday that i landed up at the doctors. He says due to stress i'm feeling this way, I'm on medication and sleeping tablets, but am so depressed, its like nothing i do makes me happy anymore. My boyfriend who is amazing just wants the smiling happy person i always am, but i can't be i don't know why..
I do things to keep me busy things i like, but still nothing
I know its only me who can change my situtation, but i feel i can't not right now

Dear Pauline,
Well, as you suggest, you could be depressed ( sad because of the circumstancs ) or Depressed, a more sunstantial disorder including chemical imbalances deserving drug treatment as well. Counselling is the process best able to help you quickly understand what's been making you miserable, and to find your way back to the cheery person you usually are.