Question
Posted by: pixie | 2007/04/22

depressed with weed

hi I was on medication for depression for just over a year. I have been off the medication for about 4 months. I have always smoked weed occasionally. But lately I have been having noticeble mood swings. I have become aggresive and irritable. I often feel paranoid. I sometimes feel 3 emotions at the same time. What is happening?? I hate happy pills. They cover one side of me.

You hate "happy pills" --- but really, what do myou think weed is ? And what are you using it for ? A happy smoke ! Its a much dirtier set of chemicals, with more unpredictable and unhelpful effects on your brain chemistry. The happy pills at least are more tested, more safe, and more cleanly directed to doing mainly what you need and less of what you don't need. Like alcohol, weed is not good for the brain, and it can readily produce paranoid feelings, aggression and irritability, and mood swings. Why not get re-assessed by the proper expert, and consider proper medication if that is what you need ? And check out CBT counselling which is also excellent for Depression, and adds to your skills to manage any future episodes effectively by yourself