Question
Posted by: Nika | 2006/04/18

Depressed fiance

My fiance is doing his honours in accounting and is extremely depressed. He has low self esteem and low self confidence. He sometimes misses test as he fills he is not ready or feels he is not putting enough time in his book. Though he spends 12 hours a day on his books! I give him all the time he needs but still feel guilty that I'm not giving him the time he needs to study. i hardly see him but we sleep in the same bed which is cool with us as opposed to not seeing each other. Could you give me some tips as to how to deal with his lack of confidence and convince him that thats the only thing missing, he is doing everything right.

Looking forward to hearing from you!!

I think he needs mor than tips. From what you say, he may well have a significant depression, and he does have significant problems with self-confidence. He should see a good local shrink for assessment and advice. He may benefit from antidepressant drugs, and could surely benefit from CBT-style counselling