Question
Posted by: mixed mind | 2004/01/25

Depressed cause of my head

I am worried about my mind, When I was in school, all the way from Grade 1 till Matric I had the highest aptitude in my school, but now.. three years later I am struggling to understand concepts which i used to find easy 3 years ago. I even struglle to study and understand words spoken to me.

Please help this state I am in is depressing me

Dear mixed mind,
Yes, indeed, that must be most distressing for you. I am assuming that you're not just talking about running into more difficult material later in your studies, but that you're finding problems in handling the sort of stuff you used to find relatively easy. There can be quite a number of possible causes for this, including a number of physical illness, but probably the most common would be a sly development of Depression, which causes problems in concentration and comprehension, and yet is very treatable, with excellent results. Whatever the origins of the problem, you really do deserve to see a good psychiatrist for a proper assessment of your state, and advice on the best options for improving things, based on whatever he/she finds. If you are currently a student, there should be a posibility of arranging such a consultation through student health / student counselling.

1
Posted by: Cleo | 2004/01/26

I can help you - you need to read the Technology of Study - it's so simple and yet has amazing results! What town do you live in? I can send you a booklet - you won't regret it!!!

Reply to Cleo