Question
Posted by: Gillian | 2008/05/25

Depressed

Hi Doc, I am 27 weeks pregnant. Before falling pregnant I was using Cilift. When i found out I was pregnant my gynae put me on Lorien. I seem extra depressed these last months and due to this I comfort eat. I have picked up too much weight, but I cannot seem to "feel" any better and comfort myself further with all the wrong foods, e.g. carbs, sweets, choclate. It is normal to have depression in one's pregnancy. This is my 2nd pregnancy. In my first pregnancy I was happy and outgoing. All I want to do is hide away until my baby arrives. Please help with any suggestions.

This is probably not related to the pregnancy as you have a background of depression. Perhaps the change in medication has precipitated this. I would suggest that you see a psychiatrist. Some psychotherapy may help you.