Question
Posted by: GAIL | 2007/03/03

depressed

I am engaged and planning to get married in June. My hubby and i are very happy and we both love each other. My problem is i have fears because when we have misunderstandings he comes home very late to avoid talking about it so that i will be sleeping and most of the time if we argue he always wants to go away and say he will come back when he has cooled off. I mean i feel like i am always trying to fix matters and always ask him to cooperate. I am just afraid that what if one day when i have his kids we argue and he decides to leave for real. I know he loves me and i do too but please help how do i make this man to grow up and stop running from his responsibilities and duties as a husband to be.

Who not see a marriage / relationship counsellor now, and sort these potential frictions out before the wedding ?

1
Posted by: Girl | 2007/03/04

Sounds like he's one of those guys that just outright refuses to talk about their feelings. He needs to know that you won't think any less of him when he "lets it all out". I think going to a relationship counsellor before the wedding is a good idea. The most important thing to do is to keep your arguments cool, calm and collected and not go into a shouting match because then he'll leave in anger and frustration becuase neither parties really listen to one another when screaming. Maybe wait for a good day when you're both happy and relaxed to calmly bring this up with him, just ask him why he always feels the need to leave when you argue and tell him it hurts you and that it only makes you feel worse after an argument because you worry about him.

Reply to Girl