Question
Posted by: PUDDEL | 2003/02/18

DEPRESSED

my husband and I have been trying to fall pregnant for the last 3 years. still no luck
we both were tested he's fine and now I find out that I have diabetes and has to loose some
weight and take glugophage for the next 7 months before we can even consider going on
fertility drugs thats almost another year. I see al these moms2B and I get green with envy and
somethimes even nasty. my sister in law just had a baby and now my best friend is also pregnant
it makes me sick!! why can't I just fall pregnant and be happy??
It feels like al of a sudden every body is falling pregnant and having babies like bloody rabbits
except for me!!

Dear Puddel,
Yes, it must be frustrating and annoying. But its very fortunate that you've discovered the diabetes, and that you keep to the right treatments --- there's no point in struggling to have a babyunless you properly look after that baby's mother and her long-term health !
I suppose it does feel that everyone's getting pregnant ( apart from Cybershrink and a couple of others ) but of course this is a matter of selective attention --- you aren't looking out for or attending to, people who are not falling pregnant. It's like when you're waiting for someone to fetch you, and you know they'll be driving a blue car --- suddenly, the streets seem to be full of blue cars.
Some counselling might be a good idea, not simply to help towards relieving your anxiety and frustration, but because doing so can significantly improve your chances of falling pregnant.