Question
Posted by: John | 2004/10/08

Depress

CAn you please help me dock.
I was in hospital a few years ago for depression. Evertime that I get depress i just want to end it all. Please this I am not just looking for attansion I really dont know who to handle it any more . You see Im married but I have been sleeping with men and my wife dont now about it I feel guilty and so alone then I start drinking. Going to sopportgroup is out off the question because im working to much it is now 5 in the morning and im still at work. i reccently get a promotion an dim afraid i will loose it all
Please help. I will be logging on toninght at 10 o clock

Dear John,
Depression is a heavy burden to carry, but you should know that with the proper treatment, medicinal as well as with counselling, it can be greatly helped. Maybe with your complications in terms of the extra-marital affairs, and the drinking, you need the counselling component especially. And you know that drinking only worsens a depression, and increases your risk of doing daft things like being promoscuous or otherwise endangering yourself. And this degree of over-work is also daft and self-damaging. In no company that is properly run should anyone need to or even be allowed to, work so hard and long. So --- cut down on this excessive work load. Cut out all affairs, of whatever nature. See a shrink, a psychiatrist in the first place, and get a proper assessment and advice on treatment, which may welll include antidepressant medications, and ask specifically to be referred to a suitable counsellor to work on all the other issues. You can get everything cleared up including the depression, and return to a happier and more wholesome way of life. It'll take some hard work on your side, but you're very well capable of that. Don't let long work hours be any excuse for avoiding the treatment you know you need --- working yourself into the ground won't help at work, either !

3
Posted by: Jenna | 2004/10/08

I agree with Lady Nina and Inc, you need to make some important decisions in your life. Your secret life is probably the main cause of your depression and ending it might be the only way to keep you sanity.

Reply to Jenna
Posted by: Inc | 2004/10/08

You are not just being untruthful to your wife.. you are being untruthful to yourself... What are you? Make a decision... put your life into perspective... I'm sure that all this is the source of your depression.

Reply to Inc
Posted by: lady nina | 2004/10/08

hi there

i was once told by a wise man that " bad feeling comes from bad behaviour" maybe you are depressed because you have a secret life? maybe you should take some responsibility for your actions and make a choice be it men or woman

the guilt you are feeling will be dissapear when you act according to your convictions and have some self discipline

take care

nina

Reply to lady nina