Question
Posted by: diksie | 2004/11/10

Depresion

Hi i just wanted to know if i should go see someone, i always feel bad,my neck is always sore ,i worry about everthing, it is as if i cant think for myself , I am always deprest,anxiety it feels as if i cant do anything right, and i cant talk to anyone about this.Could u please give me some advise i really need it. Thank u

HI diksie,
Sounds like a problem of Anxiety, and some depression often goes along with that. Muscle tensions are part of anxiety, which can create a painful stiff neck. Now this is a most unpleasant state to be in, but fortunately it can be very successfully treated. Ideally, you should see a psychiatrist for assessment and a discussion of treatment options, which could include medication for a time, and counselling to sort out the problems worrying you and developing a better style of problem-solving. You will find a shrink easy to talk with, and while it may take a little whiole to sort evrything out, you should start to feel distinctly better quite soon.

1
Posted by: Shaun | 2004/11/11

Hi Diksie.

Yebo-yes, you should see someone. The neck being sore is most probably from stress... worrying too much. Sounds very much like depression & anxiety, & with the right help it can be over-come.
You may be feeling depressed from all the things you worry about & everything that may not be going right. The anxiety could also be from the worrying, & also the feeling that you may not be doing anything right. Kinda in a way making you feel hesitant as well...

I'm sure CS will suggest a more direct approach, so smile a while & relax a bit, help is nearer than you may think.

Regards,
Shaun

Reply to Shaun