Question
Posted by: Laila | 2007/08/02

Depo Vera

Hi I am terribly worried. I have been on the depo for 3 years on and off. i have taken my last 2 month shot in february, i got my period back only 2 months after i've been off. 2 weeks after that i started spotting for 3 to 4 days and my period hasnot return yet. I have experienced severe moodswings and other symptoms such as cramps and weight gain, can you please tell me what is going on? Bcause i am very worried

Dear Laila

The symptoms you have described are typical of injectable contracpetives and a simple visit to your gynaecologist may be all that is necessary. It may be advisable to switch to an alternative form of contraception.