Question

Depo Povera injection

I have been receiving this injection (Depo Povera) for +- 2 years now and I think it is great. My 1st question is: Will it cover me 100% from falling pregnant or is there a slight change that it might fail? My 2nd question is: If you do fall pregnant, how would I know? There is no period, and that means I wont know if you have "skipped" one, normally meaning that you are indeed pregnant. Would you advise that I do a pregnancy test monthly to be sure??

Ther is a small failure rate with all contraceptives. You would probably develop pregnancy symptoms if you fell pregnant.

2
Posted by: Tina | 2005/11/17

Your chances of falling pregnant on the 3-monthly injection are a round zero, believe me. I took Depo Provera for 4 years, but stopped when I developed a pre-cancerous lesion of the cervix and had to have part of my cervix removed. I also ended up with LOW Bone Density (osteopenia) caused by cessation of periods.

Reply to Tina
Posted by: Tina | 2005/11/17

Reply to Tina