Question
Posted by: Tuche | 2006/07/24

Depo Injection - spottting daily help

Dear GynaeDoc

I have had a Depo injection and have been spotting daily(this is my 2nd month now)

Is there anything i can do or get to stop the daily spotting?

Please help

Unfortunately this can be a side effect. It often settles after the second injection. Perhaps you could have this a bit earlier.

2

Hi There

I had that too, I asked my Doc if it was normal and he said yes and unfortunately there was nothing he could give me to take it away. So just hang in there. Eventually your period will be gone completely - as I'm sure you know.

Hi, my periods go away completely and recently I was also bleeding very lightly. My Ganae gave me pills (yellow in colour, oval in shape) that helped. Apparently the injection can make your womb or something thin and then bleeding can occur. This is normal. The pills help to strenthen the womb (or somehting else, I am bad with terms).