Question
Posted by: Charlene | 2004/01/18

Depo injection, continued spotting

Hi, should I have follow-up injections if spotting and bleeding continues, or should I try to wait it out?
I started with Depo in September 2003 and have had 3 injections since.
Spotting still continues: one doctor advises a monthly follow-up injection untill spotting/bleeding stops, and then continue every 3 months. Another says no in-betweens, only every 3 months. Please advise. Thank you.

I would suggest you carry on every 3 months. If it persists you may need to try a different form of contraception.