Question
Posted by: Bev | 2007/07/09

Delaying Menstruation temporarily

I'm going on a specially planned vacation and need to delay my period by a few days - I'm not on the Pill currently. I usually have a regular 28 day cycle and a rather heavy flow for the first 3 days and I have a romantic rendezvous planned that happens to coincide with the 2nd day of my menstruation. This vacation is in one month's time. Please advise what my options are. P.S. I'm 40 years old and my partner has had a vasectomy.

You could take Provera, starting 10 days before your expected period and continuing till you wish to have a period. This sometimes causes nausea and breast tenderness though.