Question
Posted by: Angie | 2006/10/26

Dehydration = Late Period?

Hi Cyberdoc,

I'm just curious as to whether or not dehydration could delay menstruation?
I went to a concert in March and was very dehydrated, and my period was about 3 days late (I had never been late before - ever!).
Its happening for the second time now, and having been so hot in JHB the last few days, I'm just wondering if that could be the cause?
I am definitely not pregnant.
Thanks!

Dear Angie
Yes it can - menstruation is influenced by exercise, emotions, stress, weather and a whole bunch of other things. Being late is not really an issue, unless you are worried that you are pregnant.