Question
Posted by: nono | 2010/08/11

deep vein thrombosis

hi
I first had dvt when i was pregnant with triplets in 2001, miscarried. It was detected only 2 months after the miscarriage, and was put on wafarin(not sure of spelling). in 2007 i was pregnant again and was put on wafarin, i miscarried again. last year i was pregnant and have a healthy baby boy, i was on wafarin while i was pregnant. My gynae advised that i should not use contraceptives as my blood tends to clot.

i went against his advise and have been on the pill for the past 8 months. am i putting my life in danger?

Yes you are. You can use the IUCD or injection.

1