Posted by: light | 2005/12/13

deep cut with scissors on finger

i cut myself by accident very deep yesterday with a scissors, i put tcp on it and wrapped it. how do i know if it seriuos enough to see a doctor and what should i do regarding avoiding scarring and infections? pls advise. it blead non stop for about an hour yesterday when it happened.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImagePharmacist

A cut this deep may need stiches - My advice would be to ask your local pharmacist to have a look at it. If it does need further treatment he'd refer you to a doctor. You can also get a type of bandage that replace stiches (called steristrips) from some pharmacies - This, or otherwise sutures, may help a great deal in reducing scarring. Also get an antibiotic cream such as polysporin from your pharmacy and remember to clean the wound regularly.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.