Question
Posted by: light | 2005/12/13

deep cut with scissors on finger

i cut myself by accident very deep yesterday with a scissors, i put tcp on it and wrapped it. how do i know if it seriuos enough to see a doctor and what should i do regarding avoiding scarring and infections? pls advise. it blead non stop for about an hour yesterday when it happened.

Expert ImagePharmacist

A cut this deep may need stiches - My advice would be to ask your local pharmacist to have a look at it. If it does need further treatment he'd refer you to a doctor. You can also get a type of bandage that replace stiches (called steristrips) from some pharmacies - This, or otherwise sutures, may help a great deal in reducing scarring. Also get an antibiotic cream such as polysporin from your pharmacy and remember to clean the wound regularly.