Posted by: Confused | 2008/08/06

decisions decisions decisions

I' m at a point in my life where I have to make a life changing decision.

I am currently studying via correspondence, have a full time job, got married recently and have an 8 year old to attend to.

I have actually not done much school work, hence the fact that I have to attend to my wifely and motherly duties. My studying contract expires next year and I' m supposed to be in my second year this year but I' m still in my first year and have not had the time nor the energy to sit with my books.

I have discussed this with my husband and have come to a conclusion to resign and be a full time mom at least till I' ve finished studying.

I have also decided that a way for me to generate an income while at home to help my husband with expenses like grocery, etc will be to invest in BIL' s shop.

I really dont know what to do anymore as I will be a loser of R13500 if I dont brush up and finish my studies.

Please advise

Sounds like your plans were ambitious but perhaps not entirely realistic. Is your plan to resign from the job, to devote yourself to being a full-time mom AND student ? That might work, though he also ought to help out with the household chores and child-care to make sure you have enough time for the studies.
Investing in a relative's shop is often a good way to produce family strife and not to make money. HAve you discussed this with the eduicational institution, to see if you could perhaps, without losing money, pospone the studies for a couple of years ?

Posted by: ME | 2008/08/06

You are not alone gal. Am also working full-time, studying and have a nine month babygal. Come back home at 18H00, cook(but most of the time my step-daughter cooks during the week), iron and have to study, and I am also a month preggies.

All am trying to say is, you are not the only one darling. And as women we are very strong and we can do these things.

Reply to ME
Posted by: Meme | 2008/08/06

did i hear you saying your son is 8 yrs old or did you want to say eight months old?

By leaving your job that means you will loose your salary as well. so it means money is not the problem here. what i suggest you do is, hire a stay in helper who will take care of you washing and ironing, cleaning and bathing your child.

All you gonna do when coming back to work is help your child with homeworks, no man, lets get this one straight. if your child is 8 yrs , let him bath himself, let him sleep by himself without you putting him in bed. you can atleat bath him on saturday if thats the case.

women work hard. very very hard. without helpers everything become impossible sometimes.

Reply to Meme
Posted by: Confused | 2008/08/06

This is my routine when I get home from work.
Get home 5.30. Bath my son, start cooking, iron our clothes. My husband will iron or cook at least twice a week. Then I have to sit with my son and help him with his homework and reading. Then wash the dishes, then take a bath and then put my son to sleep.

Sometimes I have to take some of my work with me home as I' m currently doing two people' s work.

Then I go to sleep.

Jordan, he has a take-aways, pub and clothing shop and I' m currently studying my Diploma in financial accounting

Reply to Confused
Posted by: Jordan | 2008/08/06

What is BIL' s shop and what are you studying?

Reply to Jordan