Question
Posted by: Jillybean | 2005/12/02

Decided to quit.....

Hey everyone & cs,
I have decided to quit smoking. I had my last cigarette last night - nothing since then. Anybody have any tips to help me through this? And for how long will I have the cravings?

Congratulations ! There's never been anyone who wasn't better off for giving up smoking ! Some find Zyban from their doc helps, others swear by Nicorette. More exercise, and something to do with your hands and mouth --- healthy low-cal snacks and chewing gum, worry beads ( that's for the hands, they're not edible ). Buzz seems to have it just right ! You'll do it !

7
Posted by: Delene | 2005/12/02

Today is my 15th day without smoking.( i sound like an AA member)
I didnt use nothing & didnt chew nothing, but wanted to jump everyone's throuts...Maybe i should have chewed....

It gets better.
And i still crave dunno when it goes away..........

Reply to Delene
Posted by: Pencil | 2005/12/02

Jillybean - GREAT NEWS!!! I have a lot of respect for someone that tries to quit... wish more of the smokers that I know, would have that guts... I wish you all the best, try to keep focussed, don't give in, don't give up... you'll be happy for the rest of your life that you stopped smoking!!!!

GOOD LUCK!!!

Reply to Pencil
Posted by: Buzz | 2005/12/02

Every successful day, will make you prouder and more adamant not to do it again. Watch your food intake. If you crave sweets, jelly beans are the least fattening (in moderation). Eat raw veggies, as a snack. The experts say, on average, quitters gain 4kg. I gained 6kg within 8 months, but lost it again. According to my husband, the best benefit of quitting, is my increased libido. It wasn't problematic before, but my energy levels surged and he's smiling all the way. Good luck!

Reply to Buzz
Posted by: «Parab☻la»™ | 2005/12/02

Get a lot of chewing gum. When the craving hits, chew till your jaw bleeds.

Worked for me.

Reply to «Parab☻la»™
Posted by: ZeeZee | 2005/12/02

Hi Jillybean

Congrats on your'e decision...I heard and I don;t know if this is true that Apricot Liqui fruit helps to get rid of all the nicotene in your'e body. Good luck (wish I had the guts) but I will get there

Reply to ZeeZee
Posted by: Jillybean | 2005/12/02

Thanx Buzz!! Now I really feel good about this quit thing!!
That's what I'm afraid of - gaining weight. Just have to exercise sum more! But thanx again for the tips - I'll let you know when it's been a month (actually a month from today! LOL).

Reply to Jillybean
Posted by: Buzz | 2005/12/02

Wonderful news Jillybean! I admire you for going cold turkey! I used Zyban, and still battled.

Two things that worked for me, was drinking lots of water (it helped to take the cravings away), and chewing (sugar free) gum. You need to replace your depleted vitamin C level, so stock up on Cal-C-Vita. Your taste buttons will start working properly again, so your appetite will increase. You have to start doing exercise, otherwise you weight will increase dramatically. Take the stairs instead of the lift, park far away from the entrance at shopping centre etc etc.

The craving should subside dramatically by the end of your second week, and after the first month, it should be gone. Don't ever think you're over it, and have just one cigarette. It will start you off again - I can guarantee that!

Just think of your clean lungs, hair smelling like shampoo, fresh breath, glowing skin, not being a social outcast, and the money you save you could use for a nice massage once a month! I'm proud of you, keep it up!!!

Reply to Buzz