Posted by: Jessie 2 | 2008/09/26

Decided in Amniocentesis???

I am pregnant with 2 nd child, 13 weeks, already had one miscarriage earlier this yr &  first child was born premmature due to placenta problems. I am 38 yrs ols &  decided to go for amniocentesis in 4 weeks time. I know the high risk, but also the risk of having a down syndrome baby. Any simular experiences/decisions out there?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

You could have the nuchal transclucency test and see if this makes you high or low risk before making your decision.

Best wishes

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: J | 2008/09/26

I would say that if the 13weeks scan and bloods shows a high risk have the amnio done but if the scan and bloods seems o.k. don' t take the risk. I had a 1 in 22 outcome for Downs and I am 34 - had the amnio done and there' s nothing wrong with baby.

Reply to J

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.