Posted by: Jessie 2 | 2008/09/26

Decided in Amniocentesis???

I am pregnant with 2 nd child, 13 weeks, already had one miscarriage earlier this yr &  first child was born premmature due to placenta problems. I am 38 yrs ols &  decided to go for amniocentesis in 4 weeks time. I know the high risk, but also the risk of having a down syndrome baby. Any simular experiences/decisions out there?

You could have the nuchal transclucency test and see if this makes you high or low risk before making your decision.

Posted by: J | 2008/09/26

I would say that if the 13weeks scan and bloods shows a high risk have the amnio done but if the scan and bloods seems o.k. don' t take the risk. I had a 1 in 22 outcome for Downs and I am 34 - had the amnio done and there' s nothing wrong with baby.

Reply to J