Question
Posted by: michael | 2004/02/09

decalcification of veins

dear cyber doc,

My gran is 67 yrs old. +-10 years ago she was daignosed with a crumbling aorta. On wednesday she could not get out of bed as the room fealt like it was spinning around. She has been light headed eversince. She was taken to the doctors and they did scans on her. They have discovers that one of her veins in her neck which apparently feed blood to the brain has disintergrated. This problem has also occured in both her legs. She is going to a heart specialist on Wednesday. Please could you advise me what could be done and how I can do more research on this as she does not disclose much to the family.

Michael, they might be able to put in a stent in the smaller blood vessels and maybe repair the aorta surgically. It all depends on her general state of health and how bad the lesions are. The cardiologist will be able to give you more information as soon as he has examined her and done all the tests. Good luck.

1
Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/07/05

I read that a copper deficiency contributes to poor blood vessel health. You might do well to have her levels checked and research this more fully.