Question
Posted by: Tracy M | 2005/11/29

Decaf coffee during pregnancy

HI ladies and Doc , I read this forum religiously but seldom get the courage to post. I am 16 weeks pregnant. I had very bad morning sickness, during which I could not tolerate coffee. However, the morning sickness is over, I am craving coffee. Can I drink decaf and how often? I don't want to do anything to harm this baby so I have been palying it safe and not drinking coffee. Pls some advice ladies or Gyn Doc.

Decaf in moderation is fine.

1
Posted by: Jean | 2005/11/29

The method of extracting the caffeine from coffee and the ingredients used, make decaf coffee even worse than normal coffee. If you really need coffee, I would stick to one or two cups per day. (I opted the safer route and just stopped all coffee, tea and chocolate.) Rooibos tea is fine.

Reply to Jean