Question
Posted by: Penny | 2012/01/30

debilitating joint pain, what supplement to take

Hello, I am suffering intense joint pain which greatly affects my walk and how much I can move around. This a side effect of the Roaccutane I am taking. I am on 100mg a day and weigh 56.5 kilos. All previous lower dosages have failed in that the severe acne has always returned. I have one month left before I hit the cumulative dose of 150mg/kg (about 8550mg taken altogether) after which I will stop forever. I cannot falter now, only a month to go, I end on March 4. Can u suggest something I can take for the horrible bone pain and just to support my joints in general? I am a 37 yr old woman. Shd I take a calcium supplement? Pls advise what I might take and how much to take. I cannot stop the drug now and I cannot lower the dosage, I am too close to the end and have had severe acne since age 11, This is the first time I have looked in the mirror and felt human, I can''t falter now. Thank you pls advise.

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi Penny

Roaccutane (and generic equivalents) have been associated with arthralgia (joint pain), arthritis and tendonitis. These are usually treated with anti-inflammatory drugs.
However, the level of discomfort you are experiencing does require your doctor to have a look and make a proper diagnosis before treating the symptoms.

All the best!

1
Posted by: pharmacist | 2012/01/31

Hi Penny

All the best!

Reply to pharmacist