Question
Posted by: T Mom | 2007/12/27

Death of my Haplopelma Lividum

My Haplopelma Lividum was doing very well. I got him as a 2nd instar (about .03cm) and he died last week at the size of 4 cm (he had 16 successful molts).

His temp and humidity was fine, he was eating, showed no signs of injury and he wasn't dropped. So why did he die - he was fine 2 days before. The only sign that something was wrong was that his abdomen had deflated. Could be that he died the day I last saw him (they hide most of the time) or it could be the cause.

I am now worried, I dont want to lose any of my other 10 species. Could it be feed related?? Contaminated? I get my feed from a reputable supplier always.

Please advise

T Mommy

I am sorry I can't help you on this one. I will make enquiries to find out if their is someone who knows about tarantulas.

2
Posted by: jax | 2007/12/28

try contacting the spider club; they might be able to give you more info. Email is info (at) spiderclub (dot) co (dot) za.
Sorry about your loss.
Regards,
jax

Reply to jax
Posted by: T Mom | 2007/12/27

Oh, there were no mites either.

Reply to T Mom