Question
Posted by: Max | 2006/04/21

Death by injection of Air

Could anyone tell me whether it is in fact possible to die by injecting yourself with air, and how long it would take.

Max, this would be an extremely bad idea. I understand that you are clearly very depressed and it may feel attractive right now to find a way to gove up --- but the condition you are in, is treatable, and you could be a great deal better before long --- go, call and see your doctor, your shrink ( if you already have one ) ; or to the nearest Casulaty Dept, and get the help you need and deserve. And promptly, get rid of the syringe, and of anything else that you might think of using to harm yourself. And remember that what you are contemplating has an even greater risk, perhaps, than death --- it could cause effects like a stroke --- so you could well survive, with every problem you have now, but added to that, paralysis or other stroke effects. Don't do it. DO see a doc asap, and when you have started proper treatment with him/her, contact us again and let us know how you are getting on, as many of us will be worrying about you.

8
Posted by: C. | 2006/04/21

It is impossible to die from that. Someone I know injected a big siringe filled with air into a large vein/artery, and NOTHING happened.

Reply to C.
Posted by: Peter Benchley | 2006/04/21

Well, my little pet shark (affectionately known as Jaws) needed a complete aqualung at 120 bars to put him down permanently. God, there was shark all over the place, remember? Nobody want's to go like that. If you think you're the only one with the downsides of life, think again. We've all been there, recovered, relapsed and then recovered again and been appreciative of the fact that things do get back to normal. And if you really want advice and assistance, then provide info and backgound so that others can share their relevant anecdotes with you and help you recover. And don't forget thank them when you're ok - and also remember to pass the favour on one day.

Reply to Peter Benchley
Posted by: Lonestar | 2006/04/21

Max,

First of all congratulations because you have made the first step to recovery ie. you've asked for help.
Secondly, take the syringe, put it in an envelope and discard it or if you trust someone enough hand it over in the envelope and ask them to discard it on your behalf.
Thirdly, you can do the steps above, believe in yourself and then once you've done that, please share with us as to what is making you so down in the dumps.

PLEASE discard that immediately and keep on talking

LS

Reply to Lonestar
Posted by: Casey | 2006/04/21

KATE for God's sake have a heart!

Max it won't work, up to 2 litres of air is needed and from a 5ml syringe it'll take forever, besides that it's very very painful, so why not rather phone lifeline and have a casual talk to them, they are good and I promise after the phone call you will feel a lot better.

CS are you here Max needs you.

Reply to Casey
Posted by: Max | 2006/04/21

Please help me I feel so down. I am sitting here with the syringe next to me..

Reply to Max
Posted by: Kate | 2006/04/21

Yes it is true, but you need to know where to inject.

Reply to Kate
Posted by: Lonestar | 2006/04/21

Max,

I agree with Concerned! Whoever is contemplating doing this should think twice and stop at the mere initiation of the first thought. You would die within seconds, but it would be a very painful way to die. Do you really want to force through the skin into the vein/artery, experiencing the pain of the needle slowly moving in and at the same time there is that voice of sanity saying " shit do I really want to do it" and evil speaks up "f*** this world" you're in a catch 22 and you realise it is now or never, checking the syringe with air, black numbers staring back at you and the emptiness in the syringe matches up with the emptiness of you heart and emotions.
Someone will either make a call to 082911 or a shrink.

Don't do it, instead keep talking, a few of us have been there and am able to help even if it is just by talking you out of it.

Hold On
LS

Reply to Lonestar
Posted by: concerned! | 2006/04/21

Max......forgive me if im wrong BUT you sound suicidal?

Reply to concerned!