Question
Posted by: Grieving | 2004/10/21

Death By Heart Attack Two Weeks After Giving Birth

A dear friend of mine has passed away of a heart attack at 33 years of age. She gave birth to her 3rd child 2 weeks ago. She experienced high blood pressure in the last month of pregnancy but still had a normal birth. Do you think the heart attack is related to her having high blood pressure during her pregnancy ?

The heart attack may just be a general term used for a heart problem. Heart failure can be related to high blood pressure in pregnancy. Also a pulmonary embolism (blood clot to the long) can give similar symptoms to a heart attack and is more common in pregnancy.

2
Posted by: Elke | 2004/10/21

Do you know whether or not she had high cholesterol as well?

Reply to Elke
Posted by: Jenna | 2004/10/21

Oh no, how can this be! I am so sorry to hear this, it brings tears to my eyes. My heart goes out to her family and friends. I will pray for them to find strenght through this trying time.

Reply to Jenna