Question
Posted by: CP MOM | 2007/11/28

Dear Maria

Thanks for the input.

Ne cannot get unnecessary anesthetic because cp kids take forever to wake up from it. Normal child will take 10 to 15 mins she takes 45 and longer, it’s very stressful that’s why when I had her teeth checked I had her sedated but even that was a mess …..but I understand what you say.

But what if a man who’s THAT way inclined comes and tells her “Im a doctor let me look” but I guess one cannot live your life like that.

She’s on 2 x 2 epilepsy meds a day (the final dose) but for the last month she’s hardly had fits so it really seems to have done the trick. Im seeing the pediatric neurologist later in Jan for that. I wrote down how often she got in the beginning at one stage I just wrote “lots” because it was to many times in a day to count…I also wrote down how many moody or “kak” days she had and if it was at home and school (remember I had that horrible care giver) well I came to a conclusion that it’s approx 1ce a month for about 4 days that she’s in a mooooooooooood, so it’s got to be hormones! Thats also why I need to do the sterelization asap. Once they have had a period it's a big story. Before its a day clinic procedure.

My new care giver is a lady of 47 from Zambia (legally) and I think God has smiled upon me because Ne has learns words like horses and she’s recognized them on tv and I can see so much improvement. This woman loves to read (sits and reads the bible for hours – do people still do that?) and she plays with Ne but games to teach her. She’s just an angel. She does so much with Ne that when I come home we just have fun and play and all the "homework" is done.

So on the whole things are going good, thanks.

,,,,,,

2
Posted by: AFTO | 2007/11/28

CS Mom, I trust that you are not thinking that sterilising the child will also put an end to the physical aspects of monthly 'periods' (i.e., she will still have a period with all the hormonal changes that go with it but will not be able to conceive)?

Reply to AFTO
Posted by: Maria | 2007/11/28

Ja, it's difficult to keep kids safe, even ones who don't have any additional problems. I tried to explain to my daughter that there are people who like to hurt kids, and she was completely shocked. One also don't want them to go through life mistrusting everybody they meet.

I'm so glad to hear things are going better otherwise.

Reply to Maria