Question
Posted by: CP Mom | 2005/11/28

Dear ... & Lulu

Yes THAT posting was me "not using my nic" and as LULU rightly said due to the fact that I get attacked when I do and just need advice.

And as agreed MY porra has stopped teasing Ne as he teases her and she hate's it, but he also showed no real interest in her either......

I don't know what happened but we went to a Theuns Jordaan concert with all the kidz on Saterday and somewho he and Ne just clicked! He always get's her (ice cream etc) what he gets his kids but there's no "feeling" there if I can put it that way.

IN ANY CASE

This weekend was really great as we had a concert at the cresche of MY porra's little one and I did not know but we had to take gifts for the kids coz Santa was there (he never told me...) so when they started calling out the names of the kidz I was soooo pissed of coz what about Ne? Well this man had bought 4 pressies one for Ne as well and she was so chuffed with the baby and carry cot, well I could just hug him to death.

Sunday nite I came into the lounge and MY porra was sitting with Ne showing her the mini car he'd just finish assembling - what a moment!

Later Sunday nite she was sitting next to him and they were having this "discussion" about the car...so it's going better.

Progress with Ne comes nearly weekly now. When we left for the concert porra had gotten out the car to close the garage door and the car was in the first gear so when he put down his foot he went forward in stead of reversing and IMMEDIATELY Ne said "oh gaats". I could not BELIEVE! that she knew the car was going in the wrong direction!

Dis tog te lekker om vordering te sien.

Julle Mamma's wat normale kinders het kom dalk nie eers sulke dinge agter nie maar vir my is dit 'n HELSE prestasie as Ne iets kan "anticipate" coz they (the specialist paediatrician) said she'll never be able to "ANTICIPATE" anything.

Thanks for the update ; sounds like good progress all round. And to all readers, a valuable reminder to appreciate the little things and small pogresses which ad up, rather than only bemoaning the lack of giant leaps forward

5
Posted by: Lonestar | 2005/11/28

HI CP Mom,

Ek is so bly om te hoor dit gaan so goed en ja jy is reg, dit is die klein dingetjies in die lewe wat tel. Selfs net 'n glimlag van 'n vreemdeling kan jou dag verander. Hou so aan en vind vreugde in elke oomblik...

Laat dit goed gaan met jou en pas jouself mooi op.

LS

Reply to Lonestar
Posted by: fin/ex | 2005/11/28

go Ne go! that's such wonderful news CP Mom
thanks for the posting. it somehow makes one stop to appreciate the small things we so often overlook - which are actually very big.
doctors can never predict the power of the human spirit as Ne has proved....verrry happy for you

Reply to fin/ex
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/11/28

Hey, CP MOM, just a quick one before I disappear for the day. It sounds like things are working out. I am so glad for you. Things can only get better now. Squeezy for Ne!

Morning CS. Chat again tomorrow.

Reply to Frusty
Posted by: ... | 2005/11/28

I think there are a few "..." out there... and I didn't respond to that post you mentioned... so I don't think this addressed to me.. but i wanted to say that I am so happy about Ne's progress... i think its quite natural for a man, with three kids of his own, and who isn't good at expressing his emotions to start off with, to take some time to get to grips with another child.... I am sure he has cared from the start... but it's taken time for him to be able to find those ways in which he can relate to her.. .and her to him... in a way that they can "click"....
So, your patience has been rewarded.... women are crazy creatures :-) ... they either have too much patience and take all sorts of crap... or they want things to happen NOW :-) ....

I am just very happy for you, G, and all the kids... all of you seem to be really making an effort and doing well despite all the odds having been against you.......... well done!

Reply to ...
Posted by: Jules | 2005/11/28

Hi CP Mom

Ek is so bly vir jou en Ne!!!! Soos ek in my "vorige" posting gese het dat die ook so met my man en my was en eendag het hulle net "geclick" en dit was so wonderlik gewees ek het omtrent op "cloud 9" geloop vir 'n paar dae. Van nouaf sal dit elke dag net beter gaan.

Reply to Jules