Question
Posted by: .. | 2005/11/28

Dear Doc

I am 35wk3d pregnant and only seeing my Gynea again next week. Since Saterday I have a sligt yellow/greenish disharge that smells like 'sour dough' I have Medaspor at home, is that safe to use?

Then also, for the past week my knuckles is so painfull that I can hardly bent my fingers, could that be due to hormones?

Then lastly, I have heard of a certain test being done by your Gynae to determine whether you have a certain bacteria in your vaginal canal. If you have it you can possbly give it to the baby. What is it called and when is it usually done, I would like to ask my Gynae about that when I see him again.

Many thanks

The Medaspor is safe but this will only work if you have thrush. The discharge you describe is not typical of thrush.
Swelling of the hands is common in late preganncy. This may be the reason for the sore knuckles.
The test you are referring to may be a vaginal swab looking for Group B Streptococcus.