Question
Posted by: ciska | 2003/12/17

dear doc,

Hi. No, I didn't miss a period. But let me tell you my story, maybe it will bring light to the subject.

I was on Triphasil for 7 months when I decided to go over to Femodene. It's much lighter than Triphasil. Anyway. It made me very sick so I went back to Triphasil after finishing the Femodene-pack. We had sex before 7 days.

My period started the 24th of November. A week before that, I was nauseous and felt a bid tired. I then decided to take a urine test the morning, which indicated that it was positive. There was a very light line in the second window. At first I thought I wasn't gonna have my period, but then it started, not as light as always, still heavy, but I hardly felt any periods pains. NOrmally I can't continue with my normal activities because of the pain. After my period I began to get very sick. I had a loose stool for one day together with that I was very nauseous. I then began to get very sick. I was terribly nauseous for a few days where I didn't want to eat at all. I was very restless and couldn't even look at food then I want to throw up. I took another test in the afternoon which gave me a negative result. But I still didn't feel sure, cause I was realy sick. I took another test in the morning, which also gave me a negative result. I still didn't feel sure, cause I'm still sick.

Now the nausea is much better, but I'm experiencing for 2 weeks this excessive tiredness that now matter how much I sleep, I still feel so terribly tired, I've got burning urine and slight period pains. At least I'm not so restless anymore. I'm also experiencing this terrible bloated feeling. sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not. I can't lie on my side when in bed, cause it feels like my stomach is going to explode. I was also constipated for a while.

So, what do you think?

I wanna skip my period this month, which will be starting Monday 22nd of Desember. That's the same day that I'm on holiday. My and my fiance and my mother is going away. I'm going for a blood test before I go away, just to be sure. Do you think I should skip, or first look at the results of the blood test?

Please, I need your help. I'm really confused. YOur help will be appreciated a lot.

Thank you dearly.

Ciska, the blood test would be a good idea. Playing around with your hormones (i.e. skipping the inactive pills) when you are suffering the symptoms you are, might not be such a good idea. If at all possible, having your period would be the wiser decision in the long run. Good luck.