Question
Posted by: Wanting to become a doctor | 2005/12/13

Dear CyberDoc

This is not a medical question but i was wondering if you could help me. I want to become a doctor but during school i did not do science. I did standard grade maths and biology. My marks were average. I did my BAA and next year i am doing radiography. Is there anyway i can get to medical school.I would rather do medicine.

Dear wanting,
To get into med school you must have either very good matric results or very good grades in whatever you studied last. You may need to do one or two subjects on BSC level to get up to par. Why don't you make an appointment with your nearest medical school's administration and ask them what you need to do to be able to apply? You can even write a letter if you live far. You can do anything you want if you are willing to work hard and put your mind to it.