Question
Posted by: CP MOM | 2007/03/05

Dear CS & H25

Charne, myself and G's daughter has a wonderful birthday party on saterday...good grief it was expensive but Charne just did not get off the jumping castle and she had so much fun. Her "real" birthday is Saterday so we took her to Spur where they sang and she had another birthday and then today she's taking party packs to school for more birthday (this was the actual day I got her)...so it's just my "birfday" all the time!

Im 2 weeks in my new job and it's really Ama - Zing, this must be the only place i've ever worked that does not do creative accounting in some form....The boss gave me a lovely vase with a plant in it for my birthday and a card...these people are decent, and he let me leave work friday at 2 so that I could get to everything.

Now to wait till wednesday for my "real" birthday and to see what G spoils me with!

Have a good week you guys..oh and CS i dont think one ever fulle recovers after a major surgery or accident like you had...

Well, as you'll notice from my recent posting, your last line is only too true ! My surgeon would fully agree, and says this sort of bone infection is like cancer and can recur at any time, which is REALLY cheerful news,
Gosh, THREE birthdays ? That's Inflation for you ! And what a nice new job this sounds like !
H25 --- sorry to hear of your problems --- I know what it's like in those waiting rooms ! Hope this all works out for you

1
Posted by: H25 | 2007/03/06

Hi CP Mom

That all sounds wonderful! Happy birthday for Wed and now you can join the "40's!" lot - my younger brother's friend was 40 recently and my one sister-in-law turns 40 next month! It's scary when one starts getting into the 40's lot when I think I am 45 this year and my oldest brother is fast approaching 50! Now that's scary! He's 2 years older than me.

Perhaps you and CS could wave a magic wand of some sort and remove the curse that I seem to still have hanging over me - I have in the wars again the last few days - I woke up Fri am with a badly swollen right foot. I NEVER get swollen feet even with this past heatwave we have had, I didnt have any problem with my feet at all. I have very thin ankles so I immediately notice it when I get swelling in my feet and you couldn't see my ankle bone at all! I monitered it and it seemed to get worse Sun so I went to my GP yesterday. I figured I would save myself an extra consult and combine yest with my mionthly blood test that I was going to have on this Sat. No chance! He took one look at my foot and said he is not doing any blood test, I must go straight to Morningside Clinic for x-rays - he was worried I had a blood clot! Wonderful!

So I spent much of the entire day at Morningside Clinic's x-ray dept. I only left there at 14:30 and was there from about 10:30! I had to have a venous dopplar and the radiologist said that given the condition of my foot/leg (the swelling was also half way up my leg and that I had ver bad pitting in it - thats if you press on the area the swelling is so bad it leaves bad indentation marks on your skin, because he couldn't find anything from the scan, I had to have a venogram, a more detailed x-ray where they inject iodine into your foot so that they can look for clots all the way up your leg, because sometimes they can miss a clot in the smaller veins. Let me tell you that was not pleasant! They couldn't find a vein in my foot, between the radiologist and 2 radiographers it took them about 20mins to find one! Not to mention that I had to wait 1 1/2 hrs to have this done - I have been to their x-ray dept. plenty of times and have NEVER seen them so busy as they were yest. The venogram didn't show any clot either - but my foot is still the same as yest - have to phone my gp this am. My gp said yest that they had to rule out immediately that I didn't have a blood clot, given what my foot looked like and that at least it wasn't that. Nobody at this stage seems to know what it is! The radiologist said I had very cold feet, especially my right foot which they wrapped in a wet warm towel to get it warm, which could be because I had such bad swelling which can cause the veins to collapse or from circulation problems.

So now I have to see what happens! I just want to know what's causing this and its sore all the time!

That sounds great about your new job. They sound like decent people.

All the best.

Reply to H25