Question
Posted by: Nandi | 2007/05/12

Dealing with failure

Hi, im 32years. 5years ago i left my job as an sales assistant to pursue law degree full time. Unfortunately things did not go as planned, having been out of school for some time, the university pressure was just too much for me and i just wasn't coping. In the three years that I was at there, I only managed to complete my first year. This was such a blow to me, i felt like a such failure and quited. I got married two years ago and had twins. I also got a job with one of the biggest law firms as a receptionist and im earning the salary i was earning 10yrs ago:-( I registered with Unisa this year and deregistered again-lacked motivation. My hubby tells me i should forget about it and stop wasting my time and money accept that i will never be a lawyer. That i can not accept, I know i'm capable of greater things than answering phones for the rest of my life. How do i motivate myself to study once again(through Unisa) and get over the fear of failing again. I really want to finish my studies bc i know that will open doors for me. Please help.

Expert ImageExecutive coach

Nandi - It sounds like a few sessions with a qualified coach will really benefit you. It is imperative that you release the past and neutralize the fear of failure. If in the depths of your heart you really want to be a lawyer - you will succeed!

All the best

Jonti

2
Posted by: Gemini | 2007/07/25

Nandi,

I say be strong, you have already taken the first step by knowing what you want and how to get it, now you need to the wheels going. Do not let fear control your life, go out there and become who you want to be. I am 24 studying part time and I want to become a lawyer as well. I work for a small company but I know my dreams will come true one day so sisi do not give up yet. I really admire people like you who see the importance of dreaming and becoming the best in whatever they do.

DONT STOP DREAMING, GO GET THEM

Reply to Gemini
Posted by: THEMBA | 2007/06/12

I respect people love people who are ambitious .do not let anyone live your life or live your live on someone terms .failure is there in life in order to gain expirence to learn how things must be done .do not give up .failure is part of the journey to success .I percieve my life in this way that i am travelling to the success world .just like when you drive to work or travelling by taxi ,train .the are road signs STOP-YIELD-ROBOT,SPEED HUMPS.I trying to show you that even in life there are spped humps robot that delays your journey for a better purpose.

rather arrive safely than not at all.do not worry worry about the money ,time ,you are investing your money and time .when you invest sometimes you loss .investments do not mature at the same time .so focus on being a lawyer do not let someone hinder you .

do not forget .you are travelling so patience is required for all the delays.

one writer says ... "Failure is success turn upside down."

Do not forget without God you can`t do nothing .maintain the balance.Just do it for yourself and your kids so they can know they achieve their dreams dispite the odds.

i am also studying part time .some of my friend think i am wasting my time and money .we will see later for let just work and will see .Nandi just go for your dream .

i am just disspointed about your husband .the Bro must support you all the way he must remember his vows .

Reply to THEMBA